Wednesday, September 30, 2009


Ok, well, as you can see, I have flipped the image upside down so that it will hopefully no longer make you think of frogs, snow men, or bears. I have also enhanced the contrast of the spheres to make their spatial placements more apparent. I did try removing the vertical line as Laura suggested, but it just looks really weird and takes away a key element of the entire "construction" process. Adding in diagonal lines would require more shapes to be drawn because I am avoiding adding extra lines that don't serve a purpose for construction. For this piece I wanted to just go completely symmetrical in terms of form, but I have added value patterns that should disrupt this symmetry slightly. Thanks everyone for all of the feedback today! I hope you like this reworked version better. I also have 2 new sketches that I'll be posting in a few minutes.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hmm it still isn't working for me. Perhaps if you took out the tiny circles at the bottom. I think they are looking too much like eyes... just my opinion. I do like the new one though!